Leonhardt & Blumberg
The Shipping company Leonhardt & Blumberg was founded in Hamburg, Germany in the year 1903 by the partners Adolf Leonhardt and Arthur Blumberg.
The Leonhardt family has continued the management of the company after the death of Arthur Blumberg in 1922 and is now - in the third generation - chaired by Frank Leonhardt.
In over 100 years Leonhardt & Blumberg has managed 160 vessels, which were in the past mostly general cargo vessels and bulk carriers.
The current fleet consists mainly of modern container vessels which are trading world wide under time charter contracts with various shipping liner companies.
All services of a shipping company, such as executive, technical and supply management, chartering, crewing, insurance, financial management and new building projects are performed in the company owned office building on the shore of the Elbe river in Hamburg.